Variable air volume dampers
KOS-C and KOS-R is an air flow regulator for variable air volume (VAV) regulation in duct systems. The damper consists of a blade, a measuring unit, and a controller. The damper is fitted with a differential pressure sensors for measuring the volume flow rate. The flow regulation can be controlled from a room controller or BMS system.
The KOS-C VAV damper from KOMFOVENT has a unique solution. The measuring pressure tubes inside of the damper are of a unique shape that provides the best results and accurate flow measurement also on a lower air flow speeds according to the study and research made. For circular VAV damper, KOS-C, recommended minimal airflow is 0,5 m/s with laboratory tested deviation up to 9%, however for air velocities from 1 m/s to 10 m/s guaranteed deviation doesn’t exceed 5%. It’s one of the best air velocity measurement precessions in HVAC industry.
Rectangular VAV dampers KOS-R air velocity range starts from 0.8 m/sec with a maximal deviation of 10%.
• Suitable for the control of air volume flow rate, room pressure, or duct pressure.
• Available circular dimensions: Ø100-560 mm.
• Available rectangular dimensions: 200×100 to 1000×1000 mm, step – 100 mm.
• Effective flow measurement design to ensure the highest precision of readings.
• Air flow speed measurement up to 0.5 m/sec.
• Closed blade air leakage class up to 3 (on request class 4) according to EN 1751.
• Casing air leakage class up to C (on request class D) according to EN 1751.
• Suitable for installation in places with limited straight duct section availability before the damper.
• In-factory presetting of the controllers.
• Can be supplied with actuators that have analog, MP-bus, Modbus, BACnet, and KNX communication.
• Simple adjustment of settings with ZTH or PC tool.
• An insulated model is available for sound attenuation through the case.
Circular dampers KOS-C available in 10 dimensions: Ø100-560 mm. An insulated damper version KOS-C-I is available to reduce the possible radiated noise through the case. The insulation is made from 50 mm thick mineral wool ISOVER KT-40 that is covered with a metal sheet made from zinc-coated galvanized steel. ISOVER KT-40 fire resistance is classified as A1 in accordance with EN 13501.
Available dimensions of rectangular dampers KOS-R: from 200×100 to 1000×1000 mm, when the size of the “step” is 100 mm. An insulated damper version KOS-R-I is available to reduce the possible radiated noise through the case. The insulation is made from 50 mm thick mineral wool ISOVER KT-40 that is covered with a metal sheet made from zinc-coated galvanized steel. ISOVER KT-40 fire resistance is classified as A1 in accordance with EN 13501.