Extended range of air handling units now available with variable rotor speed control2020-11-19
KOMFOVENT continues the development of its products and is proud of another important accomplishment. With the introduction of two new DR-200 and DR-700 rotor motor control boards, variable speed rotary heat exchangers are now included in the wide range of KOMFOVENT air handling units for domestic and commercial applications.
- DR-200 rotor motor control board is available in RHP 400 and RHP 600.
- DR-700 rotor motor control board is available in all Verso R 1000-4000 units and in RHP 800-1500 units.
This solution brings several advantages for more fluent air handling unit operation and long life.
- The soft start of the rotor motor eliminates the typical starting noise of the ON/OFF type heat exchanger wheel, so the AHUs become more silent.
- Slower rotor rotation, when full heat recovery is not necessary, results in less wear of the rotor components and reduced energy costs.
- More accurate supply air temperature maintenance if compared to ON/OFF type heat exchangers.
- Modbus control of the DR-200 and DR-700 boards enables real-time feedback from rotor motor and related components, which leads to faster failure detection and easier troubleshooting.
Consequently, KOMFOVENT air handling units become even more silent, energy-saving, precise, and durable.